Hi guys, you can probably all guess that I’m not in school today because I’m feeling really lousy and my throat is seriously painful…not good at all!!
I promised that I would be posting a lot more to my blog and I’ve been wanting to do a Mac related post for a while now so here we are, I don’t actually own many Mac products, all I have is a Dazzleglass, a blusher, a powder and a lipstick which is pretty depressing and I definitely want to build my collection up over the next few months. This post is going to be based on every Mac product on my wishlist and if any of you come across anything that you own I’d really like to know what you think, I’m going to do 2 separate lists in this post because I was speaking to a Mac make up artist on the website earlier and she recommended a foundation, concealer, powder, contouring product and a highlighter and helped me with colour matching which is really helpful because I’ve never understood Mac’s colour scheme so I’ll tell you all a bit about that too!
1. Mac Strobe Cream £23.50- I’ve been dying to try strobe cream for ages because I’ve heard so many great reviews about how it’s not only hydrating but it also highlights and primes your face which is an amazing combination, I don’t really bother much with primers or highlighters but I want to start using them and I think this would be the perfect start!
2. Mac Face and Body Foundation £21.50 – I’ve been dying to try face and body foundation for ages because one of my best friends always raves on about it and it just seems like a really good foundation, also, it seems really worth the money because it’s quite a large bottle so I’d be really happy to pay £21.50 for this.
3. Mac Pro Palette x15 Eyeshadow £6.00 – I love the idea of creating my own palette because I’d be in charge of picking the colours, it’s always such a pain to buy a ready made palette and not really have control over which colours you get whereas with this, I can pick all the colours that I love and that suit me.
4. Mac Tan Pigment £17.00 – I know the picture doesn’t show the colour tan but you probably all know which colour I’m talking about, I know the clue’s in the name but this product is seriously pigmented and it’s such a neutral colour and I’m all for neutral colours so I’m seriously excited to buy this!!
5. Mac Clear Lipglass £14.00 – I can’t even describe how much I love clear lipgloss, its so subtle and finishes off any make up look, it’s a really sophisticated type of gloss and clear gloss is definitely a go to product for me. I LOVE Dazzleglass so I’m really excited to buy this…EEK!!
6. Mac Rebel Lipstick £15.00 – This seems like a cult product for so many bloggers out there, I’m so pale so I think this colour would be really drastic on me but I have to be a bit more daring and step out of my comfort zone and what better way to do that than with Rebel?!
Ok, so now I’m going to show you guys the products I was recommended by the Mac Make up artist on the live chat, she told me that to determine what colour I was I should clench my fist and if the veins on the back of my hand were green then I’d be an N/C colour which means that I have yellow undertones, and if the veins on the back of my hand turned blue I’d be an N/W colour which has pink undertones, I’m an N/W colour so thank goodness I’ve got that sorted now! I asked her help me find a foundation, concealer, pressed powder, contouring powder and a highlighter.
1. Mac Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 £21.50 – I told her that I wanted a matte finish with medium to full coverage so she helped me find this which looks like a brilliant foundation, I’ve heard so much about it and it really helps that I now know which colour to pick.
2. Mac Select/Sheer Pressed Powder £20.00 – I’m not usually keen on pressed powder but my make up never usually stays on for any longer than 4 hours which is quite a pain when I’m in school especially when I have PE every day so this is definitely something that I’m going to be buying over the next few months.
3. Mac Pro Longwear Concealer £15.50 – I can never pick a half decent concealer to save myself, every concealer I’ve ever used has always ended up creasing under my eyes which is so frustrating! Hopefully this one will be different.
4. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural £22.00 – The make up artist I spoke to said that buying this in 2 shades darker than my natural skin tone would be a great product for contouring, I’ve always wanted to contour but I don’t have a clue what kind of products to use or even how to do it so she explained how to do it and where to apply the product and that’s really helped me!
5. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade £22.00 – While I was asking about contouring products I also asked for a Highlighting product and she told me that this is an excellent highlighter because it can be applied wet or dry, I’m super excited to buy this!
Well I’m finally finished showing you guys all the products that I would love to have as part of my Mac collection, if any of you have some of these products please let me know how you find them because I’d love to hear your opinions!
Love Lauryn x